Safety & Fire Rated Glass
Safety glass products are used in high-traffic areas, glass doors, sidelites and many other applications. Tempered glass and laminated glass are two types of safety glass available at Northwestern Glass Fab. We temper in-house and stock multiple tints of laminated glass to meet your safety glass needs.
- Tempered Glass | Tempered glass is glass that has been treated by heat and/or chemicals to increase its strength. Tempering glass makes it a safe option for glass shower doors, all glass doors, and many other types of projects that require safety glass. Our tempered glass meets the requirements for ASTM C1036-01 and ASTM C1048-04 specifications for fully tempered Flat Glass.
- Laminated Glass | Comprised of two glass lites bonded together with a clear PVB interlayer, laminated glass is designed to hold together and not separate if it’s ever broken. This type of glass can offer security for display cabinets, glass doors and many other situations. Our laminated glass meets the ASTM C 1172-96 Standard Specification for Laminated Architectural Flat Glass.
Fire Rated Glass
Fire rated glass is designed to withstand extremely high temperatures and performs better than annealed glass in case of a fire. We stock three different versions of fire rated glass stocked in our facility. These can be cut and labeled immediately to meet most fire rated building codes.
- Filmed Fire Rated Glass | KERALITE -F is a glass-ceramic fire and impact safety-rated product. It can be used in fire rated doors, windows, transom, and borrowed lite assemblies. A clear 3M Scotchshield Ultra Film is applied to give it a CPSC CAT II High Impact Safety Rating. We stock this product in-house and can cut it to meet your exact specifications.
- Laminated Fire Rated Glass | KERALITE -L is the same glass-ceramic fire and impact safety-rated material as the KERALITE F, except that it is laminated together with a PVB interlayer instead of using an applied safety film. It can be used in fire rated doors, windows, transom, and borrowed lites and also meets the CPSC CAT II High Impact Safety Rating. We also stock this product in-house and can cut it to meet your exact specification
- Wire Glass | As its name suggests, wire glass is inlaid with wire, however, it also meets certain fire rated requirements. Its purpose is to be able to withstand thermal shock during a fire, and is typically used in doors or sidelites. To meet safety glazing codes a protective film can be applied when necessary.
In need of customized safety and fire rated glass for your property? Northwestern Glass Fab is leading the industry in glass fabrication, tempering, laminating, and a variety of other glass manufacturing specialities, from design assistance to completion. Contact us today at 763-762-1750 to get started.