Founded in 1912, Northwestern Glass Fab, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been providing fabricated glass and aluminum to its customers for over 100 years! Today we are the leader in glass fabrication and distribution for Greater Minnesota and Western Wisconsin, as well as large portions of the Continental U.S., but success didn’t come overnight. Check out the timeline of when Brin Glass Company was developed and the eventual birth of Northwestern Glass Fab.
- 1912 | Brin Glass Company is founded by Arthur Brin at 614 1st Street N, Minneapolis.
- 1918 | Brin Glass Company moves to a new facility at 600 Washington Ave N., Minneapolis.
- 1941 | Howard Brin becomes President of Brin Glass Company
- 1955 | Brin Glass acquires Northwestern Glass Company
- 1978 | Howard Brin sells Brin Glass and Northwestern Glass Company to Doug Nelson and Larry Waller
- 1979 | Brin Northwestern Glass Company is born with the consolidation of Brin Glass Company and Northwestern Glass Company.
- 1983 | Brin Northwestern Glass Company moves to 2300 N. 2nd Street-Minneapolis and acquires St. Germain's Glass Company, Duluth, MN.
- 2013 | Brin Northwestern Glass Company acquires Heartland Glass Co., Inc., Waite Park, MN and transitions into an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
- 2016 | In preparation for further growth; Brin Northwestern Glass Company divides into divisions under the Brin Glass Company umbrella: Brin Glass - Service & Contract, Northwestern Glass Fab, Heartland Glass Company, and St. Germain's Glass Company.
Today, a large number of the workforce at Northwestern Glass Fab has been with the company for 20-30+ years. Not only does our team have vital glass fabrication and distribution knowledge, it has maintained strong relationships with our customers throughout the years simply because of the superior services and products we offer. Become part of the legacy and choose Northwestern Glass Fab for your next project today.