Website Northwestern Glass Fab
What makes Northwestern Glass Fab unique? Founded in 1912, Northwestern Glass Fab, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been providing fabricated glass and aluminum to its customers for over 100 years. Our commitment to quality and the ability to deliver precision custom fabricated glass products on a timely basis has us shipping product to customers located all over North America.
As a privately held ESOP company, Northwestern Glass Fab offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. We invite you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The General Manager is a dual role that combines the functions of an executive and operating manager for a specific division. They design and implement policies, promote company culture and vision, and oversee operations to ensure profitability. The General Manager will be responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of this division.
GM responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing business procedures to drive growth and profitability
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of key leadership
- Promoting culture, building training programs and developing/retaining people
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and encourage a culture of teamwork employing best practices that benefits all team members and ultimately our clients.
- Within the Brin family of companies’ vision and growth expectations, lead strategic business planning and execution, emphasizing increasing revenues and profitability.
- Lead Sales, Customer Service, Estimating, Production, and Delivery functions in order to meet the division’s financial performance goals.
- Analyze past performance and set future goals. Prepare annual budget and capital expenditures to be reviewed and approved by the executive management team.
- Coach, mentor and monitor managers, team leaders and supervisors to be effective and expand their capabilities as leaders. Expand knowledge and opportunity for all employees.
- Participate in labor negotiations in collaboration with, or as directed by, the executive management team.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations, and work with the Human Resources/Safety Manager on safety improvement, accident investigation and risk mitigation.
- Oversee division in utilizing corporate support and following processes for HR/Safety, Recruiting, Safety, Accounting, Finance, IT, Marketing and other services
- Presents reports and projections to the Finance/Accounting Team, COO, CEO, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Development or Industrial Engineering or related degree.
- Five to seven years of directly related duties, with at least two years’ experience in charge of plant operations, sales management, business development or leading a division.
- High emotional intelligence and effective interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse personalities at all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications (business expertise of Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ERP systems (A&W production software a plus, or other ERP System)
- Knowledge of the glass/glazing industry from a production, fabrication or installation perspective is strongly preferred.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of Northwestern Glass Fab, has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.