Glass Shower Doors
Turn that outdated bathroom or washroom into a space made for luxury with a beautifully crafted glass shower door. All of our frameless and framed shower doors are made to order, allowing our interior design clients the opportunity for complete customization.
Glass Shower Doors
- Shower door hardware
Framed Shower Doors
We work with interior designers, contractors, and craftsman to create stunning, one-of-a-kind shower door enclosures. Framed shower doors do not leak and add functionality and beauty for years to come.
Frameless Shower Doors
Why go frameless? Upgrading to a frameless shower door adds a touch of luxury and increases the value of the shower and bathroom. A glass shower door and walls can transform the look of any bathroom into a spacious place for relaxation. The beauty of the customizable architectural glass allows interior designers to experiment with light, flow, and elegance.
In the past, all glass shower doors and walls required some type of metal frame around the edges to better hold the thin glass in place, However today, frameless shower doors are made from tempered (strengthened) glass and are anywhere from .375 - .5 inches thick, adding to door strength and stability. And for the look of the glass itself, you can choose the always-trendy look of clear glass, or add an extra textured or frosted touch.
Shower Door Glass Types
Ever-changing design trends have allowed Northwestern Glass Fab to create a variety of glass types, patterns, and colors. The following are all different glass types we offer:
- Clear glass. This standard clear look is most commonly used for shower doors and enclosures. It is easy to maintain and provides high clarity with a very minimal greenish tint.
- Frosted glass. This glass look is produced by acid etching regular, clear glass, giving it a smooth, satin-like appearance. Benefits include the allowance of soft light, luxurious look, and easy maintenance.
- Low-iron glass. This type of glass is manufactured with a reduced iron content, making for less of that typical greenish tint in most clear glass. Benefits include exceptional clarity, colorless appearance, and higher light transmission.
- Rain (textured) glass. This beautiful, vertical pattern of rain on a glass shower door gives a distinctive, yet stylish look. Only one side of the glass is patterned, making for easier cleaning and maintenance.
- Colored glass. Colored glass provides a tinted, but still opaque look, making it a unique choice for a shower door, but still adding to the shower’s privacy.
- Door hinges. Choose between a pivot hinge or side-mount hinge. A pivot hinge is secured at the top and/or bottom of the door, allowing for a more seamless look without the interruption of the hinge hardware. A side-mount hinge—the most common type of door hinge—is attached to the side of the door. Both offer differences in appearance and functionality.
- Metal clips/clamps. All frameless shower doors require at least one type of hardware. You can choose from sturdy metal clips or or you can design it with U-channels. What do each of these do, exactly? Metal clips secure the glass panels to the floor, wall, or adjacent panel, preserving the all-glass look. U-channels are the long rails at the base that your glass panel sits in.
- Door handles. Northwestern Glass Fab has numerous, premium-grade shower handles in stock that can complement your new shower’s beauty. Each of our handles are available in several finishes to match your bathroom’s decor.
If you have a client or customer who’s in need of a stunning new look for their bathroom, call on Northwestern Glass Fab to create the beautiful piece they’re looking for. We offer a variety of durable, high-quality glass types, styles, and finishes to suit your design needs. Contact us today to get started.